Digital Marketing is trending in India. Many small business or individuals are learning and implementing the Digital Marketing Strategies and growing their business on the Internet. It’s a new way of doing your business online.
Through Digital Marketing you can easily optimize your website/blog with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to attract an audience to like and share your blog posts. The larger the audience the more chances are there for leads and conversions. Through these techniques you can build your audience and make your business a Brand on the Internet, can make sales for your services, and can educate users about motivational speeches or education lessons and even entertainment videos.
To make the best use of Digital Marketing for your career or your business you have to master in the following techniques described below:
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO): This is the most popular technique and the backbone of your website. Through this technique, you can optimize your website, pages, and posts with images in a way that can improve your ranking in the Google Search. SEO can be done in two ways –
- ON-PAGE SEO
- OFF-PAGE SEO
According to Moz, On-Page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual’s web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-Page refers to both the content and HTML (Hypertext Mark-up Language) source code. It means that the content in the website should be original and optimized, your website link structure should be simple, use of Meta Information – title, description and keywords, use of Heading Tags and Bold – Italics – Underlined texts, Rich Media Content (Infographics, Slides, Responsive Images, and Videos) and much more.
Off-Page SEO refers to techniques that can be used to improve the position of a website on the search engine results page (SERP). Here, the techniques are sharing posts on social sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, sharing images on Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr, sharing your content on bookmarking sites like Quora, StumbleUpon and Reddit and publishing videos on YouTube and Facebook, and doing Guest Blogging. Off-Page SEO builds your backlinks and increases more traffic and engagement and results in better ranking in SERP.
- SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING (SEM): It is the process of gaining website traffic by showing ads on Google sites. SEM is also known as Pay per Click (PPC) or Cost per Click (CPC). Online advertising allows you to show your ads to the people who are likely to be interested in your products and services while filtering out Folks who aren’t. And you can track whether those people clicked your Ads. Online advertising also gives you the opportunity to reach potential Customers as they use multiple devices — desktops, laptops, tablets, and Smartphones. Through Google AdWords, you can target your audience by different methods:
- SEARCH NETWORK ONLY
- DISPLAY NETWORK ONLY
- GOOGLE SEARCH NETWORK AND DISPLAY SELECT
- YOUTUBE/VIDEO DISPLAY
- UNIVERSAL APP CAMPAIGN
AdWords offers you several benefits, but here are the few ones:
- TARGET YOUR ADS: Targeting gives you the ability to show your ads to reach people with specific interests – namely, people who are interested in your products or services – and show them relevant ads. AdWords offers different ways of targeting, here is the list: Ad Location, Age, Location, Language, Frequency and timings, and Devices.
- CONTROL YOUR COSTS: AdWords gives you control over how you spend your money. And you can choose how much you wish to spend per month/per day/or per ad. You’ll only pay when someone clicks on your Ads.
- MEASUREMENT: You’ll get the complete analytics data of customer’s behavior with your website – how long, for instance, researched your product before they buy and much more. You’ll get valuable data, including how much it costs you.
- MANAGE YOUR CAMPAIGNS: AdWords also offers you tools to easily manage and monitor accounts. It lets you easily view and manage all of your AdWords accounts from a single location.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING (SMM): Simply, Social Media Marketing is the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites. You gaining traffic is only the result of social media marketing. But, to gain this traffic, your social media should be engaging, so that people want to share it. Your content must be so good that it makes the user want to tell all of his/her friends about it. Otherwise, your social media strategy will fail. No shares, no viral comments, no traffic back to your site.
Social Media channels are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Vine, Tumblr and much more where you can engage your audience and bring traffic to your site.
- CONTENT MARKETING: Content Marketing is a form of marketing focused on creating, publishing and distributing content for a targeted audience online. It is often used by big bloggers or business to attract attention and generate leads, expand their subscriber’s list, maximise their online sales, Increase brand awareness and engaging an online community of users. You can attract your audience in no. of ways:
- Infographics: These are generally long, vertical graphics that include statistics, charts, graphs, and other information.
- Podcasts: A Podcasts gives you visibility in a completely different world – primarily iTunes. Podcasts lead to more sales of his books, signups for his courses, and requests for him as a
- Videos: Videos are the great source of content marketing these days. In videos, you can easily explain the importance of your content and make your users happy by engaging them with great content.
- AFFILIATE MARKETING: Affiliate Marketing is a way to earn money by recommending products or services to other people. In Affiliate Marketing, there are 3 parties involved – Merchant/Advertiser, Affiliate/Publisher, and Customer/Consumer. The Merchant/Advertiser is basically a person who owns the products/services, the Affiliate/Publisher is the person who promotes the products/services of a merchant for some commission and last, the Customer/Consumer is the person who actually buys the products/services. The popular Affiliate Network types are:
- Cash Back and Reward
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- E-MAIL MARKETING: E-Mail marketing is basically a technique to attract the audience via emails. The purpose of sending email is enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers and to encourage customer’s loyalty and repeat business. It is a new way of convincing current customers to purchase something immediately. Through Email marketing, you can easily cut down your cost and compare your success rate by analytics. There are many big brands who are offering Email Marketing platform to you, here is the list:
- Mail Chimp
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
- Active Campaign
- E-COMMERCE MARKETING: E-commerce refers to the purchase and sale of goods and services via electronic channels, such an Internet. E-commerce was first introduced in the 1960s via an electronic data interchange (EDI) on value-added networks (VAN). There are 6 types of E-commerce businesses:
- Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C)
- Consumer-to-Business (C2B)
- Business-to-Administration (B2A)
- Consumer-to-Administration (C2A)
- ONLINE REPUTATION MANAGEMENT (ORM): Online Reputation Management is about improving or restoring your name or your brand’s good standing. This is by countering, weakening or eliminating the negative material found on the internet – defeating it with more positive material to improving your credibility and customers trust in you. Simply, it is the feedback received from your customers for the services you rendered. It is the handling of the brand reputation on the Internet so that the new visitors can show their loyalty and trust towards you.
Digital Marketing is an inbound marketing through which you can build your small business or start blogging journey on the Internet. It comprises of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) also known as Cost per Click (CPC) and Pay per Click (PPC). Social Media Marketing (SMM), Content Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Email Marketing, E-commerce Marketing and Online Reputation Management (ORM).
At last, if you think that I have missed something, then you can share with me in the comment section below.